Sunday, January 11, 2004

I spent today installing various distributions of Linux-based operating systems. Fun? I don't know - I feel pretty lost at home. The only thing to really do is to clean my room, and after umpteen years of just trying to get all this crap to fit in the confines of the walls, and clearing a path to what I think is my bed in the corner, it's not something I find enjoyable. Then again, yesterday I cleared out a corner by throwing junk in a box, and putting it outside my room where I left it for scavenging family members to pick at or finally throw away. I've been trying to go Debian for the past while, but every time I try, I get some sort of media-accessing error that prevents me from progressing very far. In light of this, I found Skrud's Slackware 9.1 cds and tried them out with some success. I've been having weird problems with kernel configurations and lilo being confused as to where it is, but I think I've made some progress. One day I vow to suck less at this linux thing. Now to pack for the return to Bishop's...

No comments: