Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I'm not sure if it's still up, but check csgames.org: Notice how Bishop's was third (of 27?) in software engineering. Waterloo was fifth. Bishop's beat the Waterloo engineers. And also partied with them later on. Booya. (They whupped us in everything else except for things like the scavenger hunt, trivia contest and improv - during which I lost much dignity, felt proud of being a geek, and gave some random kid from Clarion (Brad?) the nastiest wedgie I've ever delivered in front of a good hundred people, in that order. Hurray for the csgames - it was much fun and cause for celebration. Also, I've never seen Tom that drunk. Or anyone else in J9 for that matter (except for those who stayed dry). I also recommend those of you who like your microbrews to try Ephemeral (sic?) - it's like peach beer. Very yummy. This morning I called a few tech support lines on behalf of a friend. I don't think I've ever made a tech support guy laugh that much before - my description of the Bureau En Gros IT guys having "risen to a new level of incompetence" probably had something to do with it. He was also really interested in that Slashdot article regarding call centers (I forget what it is, and slashdot is down at the moment). Basically, it catagorizes staff into "punters", "givers", and "evil people". He seemed pretty interested in it. Interestingly enough, all other tech lines I called about this machine didn't refer to Bureau En Gros IT staff in the highest of esteems either. I wonder why they suck so much? Is it the workers, the bureaucratic system around them, or both?

No comments: