Thursday, June 24, 2004

Gentoo madness

I'm slowly making headway - I've managed to get my spiffy Fn keys working and some other acpi stuff going so that I can control volume and screen brightness using the same kind of keys as Windows uses. I don't have the spiffy (what looks to be bios-related) On Screen Display thing going on, but this is a welcome addition.

My fonts are still screwed, and I'd really like to get USB mass storage devices going. I'm going to take another look at how the SCSI subsystem stuff is working in my kernel.

I saw my dentist again this morning and had my first cavity filled. What joy. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be with the giant needles and drills and such, but that's not the kind of thing I'd like to do every day. Trying to flare my nostrils with half of my face frozen is hilarious though.

I forgot to write about the ending of the Fringe - it was tremendous fun. I'd do it again. I really should write more, but it's really really late (again).

Tomorrow I go hardcore newbie and learn up on my Javascript (thanks to a Dummie's book stil "on loan" from an ex's dad).

No comments: